Make this your homepage
Section 144 imposed in East Tripura constituency : ‘Gathering above than 5 persons are prohibited’
Section 144 imposed in East Tripura constituency : ‘Gathering above than 5 persons are prohibited’
AGARTALA / NEW DELHI, April 21 (TIWN): After poll-campaigning for East Tripura constituency ended and only 2 nights are left for the election to be held, Tripura Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Sriram Taranikanti calling media has sounded alters for the whole constituency prohibiting gathering of people on the polling day above 5 persons. The CEO said, if a gathering is being seen comprises of more than 5 persons then, immediately they will be arrested. “Election for the East Tripura constituency will be held on 23rd April (Tuesday) from 7 am to 5 pm. 1645 polling stations are here. We have notification for all voters to cast your vote on 23rd March without any fear. To ensure confidence building measures, huge numbers of securities have arrived here. Huge numbers of central paramilitary forces have also come from centre and other states. They are deployed across the parts of the East Tripura”, said the CEO.“A close watch will be kept on each person to ensure no disruption. Nobody should threat others and if such activity is done immediately they will be arrested”, Taranikanti told media.“CAPF will be patrolling. In 85% areas CAPF will be deployed and the remaining 15%. Everyone should cast their votes without any fear. Section 144 has been imposed all across”, he added.
Govt of  Tripura
USA Diary