TIWN

New Delhi, May 11 (TIWN) The Supreme Court on Monday reserved its order on Republic TV Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswamis plea seeking quashing of FIRs filed against him for allegedly disturbing communal harmony.
Goswami told the apex court that the case against him is a concerted action by a political party against a journalist. Senior advocate Harish Salve, representing Goswami, said that a political party is targeting him. The top courts said the interim protection granted to Goswami on April 24 will continue until the pronouncement of its order. Salve contended before a bench comprising Justices D.Y. Chandrachud and M.R. Shah that the probe should be taken away from the Mumbai police. The apex court had earlier stayed action on all the FIRs against Goswami, except one filed in Nagpur, and gave him three weeks'' relief against coercive action.
- India-US Trade to Resume as Tariffs downed from 50% to 18%
- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar Died in Plane Crash
- Delhi Blast : 'Conspirators Will NOT Be Spared,' says Modi
- Rahul Gandhi Exposes 2.5 Million Suspicious Voters in Haryana: Allegations of Vote Theft and BJP Collusion Rock Indian Elections
- SHOCKER !!! Talabani Foreign Minister's Event Restricted Women Journalists to Attend Event in New Delhi


