TIWN

New Delhi, Jan 4 (TIWN / IANS) At least seven people were killed and eight injured after an explosion in a factory here on Thursday night brought down the building, police said on Friday.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Monika Bharadwaj told IANS, "Till now eight bodies have been removed from the building, out of which six have been declared dead in Acharya Bhikshu hospital."
Another senior police official said that a factory of fan blade painting was functioning in the building when the LPG cylinder exploded.
According to the police official, the building comprises ground and the first floor.
A Delhi Fire Service (DFS) official said, "A call of blast in building was received by the fire office around 8.48 p.m. following which eight fire tenders were rused to the spot."
"After the fire tenders reached the spot in Sudarshan Park area of West Delhi it found that due to the impact of the blast a portion of the building has also collasped," he said, adding that the reason seems to be blast in compressor.
The official also said that 15 people have been rescued so far.
"Seven to eight more people are expected to be trapped inside the building wreckage," he said.
Rescue operation by Delhi Police, fire officials and disaster teams is still underway.
On January 20 last year, at least 17 people died after a fire broke out in an illegal firecracker factory in Bawana industrial area.
- India-US Trade to Resume as Tariffs downed from 50% to 18%
- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar Died in Plane Crash
- Delhi Blast : 'Conspirators Will NOT Be Spared,' says Modi
- Rahul Gandhi Exposes 2.5 Million Suspicious Voters in Haryana: Allegations of Vote Theft and BJP Collusion Rock Indian Elections
- SHOCKER !!! Talabani Foreign Minister's Event Restricted Women Journalists to Attend Event in New Delhi


