TIWN Oct 10, 2018
-1539173216.jpg&w=567)
AGARTALA, Oct 10 (TIWN): With a major blow for Tripura ruling BJP Govt and Chief Minister Biplab Deb's media bashing trend along with his close BJP sold media persons Tripura High Court has ordered stay on the illegal banning of Bengali newspaper 'Daily Desher Katha'.
Advocate Bikash Bhattacharjee who also served as the Advocate General in Tripura for long and Ex-Editor of Daily Desher Katha Gautam Das has called a joint press meet at the newspaper office after High Court's order.
Addressing in the press conference, Bikash Bhattacharjee said, "Freedom of press comes under fundamental rights and the rights of press have been repeated by Supreme Court whenever attack upon media came. District Magistrate of West District Sandeep Mahatme not only illegally stopped the newspaper but also challenged to stop the newspaper if needed by police. Such incident never happened earlier in whole India and State Govt has helped in this illegal work"
"The errors of publication, printer, editor can hardly lead to certain punishment of few hundred rupees charges but the whole judgement will be done by Magistrate not by the person who is passing the order, but going beyond all laws, the DM brought issue of 2015 and banned the newspaper. Even after RNI certified Daily Desher Katha the DM calling the RNI office cancelled the certificate, which is totally illegal", he said.
Daily Desher Katha Ex-Editor Gautam Das further announced that after 10 days illegal banning, Desher Katha to be started from tomorrow again.
- Oil Tanker Smashed Into Shops: Damaged many vehicles, 2 Injured
- Villagers Protested Over Pump Operator Job in Charilam: Demanded ‘only locals should be hired’
- Tipra Motha Demands Direct Funding ; Urged Voters to Snatch Their Rights for ‘Development’
- ‘Teachers Are Joining in Manual Labor Works After Retirement’, alleged SSA Teachers as Regularization Awaits
- Hindu Devotees Performed Annual Ritual on Shiva Chaturdashi ; Rushes Across Temples in Tripura


